Sunday 4 November 2012

3rd of November 2012

Yesterday at the turf farm started with nice light winds but by around 11:30am that gusting, swirling wind that we've been putting up with for weeks was back! (Getting damn hot too)!

It didn't stop quite a few members coming out for a fly & we had a few laughs along the way.


Apologies to everybody that most photos from yesterday are of Stuka Mark II but I guess that was the main focus of my attention for the day - I'll do better next week I promise.

Anyway, here is the new improved Mark II which flew very nicely after some expert trimming from test pilot Greg W.

Another massive thanks to Paul Dixon who again put in many hours with me to get this bird into the air, including resurrecting my YS FZ-140 Limited which had some major issues after arriving from the USA.



When I grow up I wanna be just like my Dad! (Anthony's JU-87G in winter camo).




Paul's 55 powered PC-9 met an unfortunate end after a radio glitch on approach.



Dennis showed off the foot-operated bungee launcher which was expertly designed & built by Graeme - what a piece of engineering!



Also in attendance but not mentioned above were Bill x 2, Peter, Michael, Curtis & Bob.

We opened the bar late & had a few beers & a few more laughs.

Again we hope for better weather next week.

Cheers, Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment